Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New to the Landcruiser! 90 series Jap Import Prado TZ

Geardo

Country Flag
great_britain
Hey folks! My name is Matt and I hail from sunny (definitely not wet and windy) Cumbria!

Just recently bought a Prado after looking for a good while waiting for the right one.
Had a Navara D22 before this but that blew up rather promptly after buying it so that was fun!

Your Cruiser: '99, 90 series LWB, Jap import Prado TZ, 120k miles
Mods on your Cruiser: None yet!
Plans for your Cruiser: Overlander, looking to do some long trips through Europe and beyond with the wife. Rooftop tent, all the bells and whistles. Also want it plenty capable off-road.
4x4 Experience: Not much, just getting into Green laning

Looking forward to getting stuck into it, just received my Haynes so I can start reading up on it now.
First priorities I reckon are the change all fluids, Oil, Diffs, Transmission etc
Get her undersealed as the MOT test center said its very clean.
New exhaust to free it up a bit, AT Tyres, Underbody Protection, Roof rack, RTT, Interior work etc etc.

Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated, anything I can do to ensure longevity of the Prado and not have it blow up would also be awesome.

Cheers!

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 6.09.08 PM.jpeg

Hey folks! My name is Matt and I hail from sunny (definitely not wet and windy) Cumbria!

Just recently bought a Prado after looking for a good while waiting for the right one.
Had a Navara D22 before this but that blew up rather promptly after buying it so that was fun!

Your Cruiser: '99, 90 series LWB, Jap import Prado TZ, 120k miles
Mods on your Cruiser: None yet!
Plans for your Cruiser: Overlander, looking to do some long trips through Europe and beyond with the wife. Rooftop tent, all the bells and whistles. Also want it plenty capable off-road.
4x4 Experience: Not much, just getting into Green laning

Looking forward to getting stuck into it, just received my Haynes so I can start reading up on it now.
First priorities I reckon are the change all fluids, Oil, Diffs, Transmission etc
Get her undersealed as the MOT test center said its very clean.
New exhaust to free it up a bit, AT Tyres, Underbody Protection, Roof rack, RTT, Interior work etc etc.

Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated, anything I can do to ensure longevity of the Prado and not have it blow up would also be awesome.

Cheers!

View attachment 159733

Looks a smashing motor. Enjoy the ride

Well done on getting what looks like a good one , what engine is in that ?

Hi and welcome good looking cruiser have fun with it.

Well done on getting what looks like a good one , what engine is in that ?

Its a 1KZ-TE. Quite happy with it so far, just looking to do a full service on it so I know everythings mint.

Change coolant and give the radiator a good flush out , if your up to it removing the rad for a proper clean is often worthwhile because they have a habit of collecting like a carpet mat of dust between the radiator and aircon condenser .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So maybe I should start a build thread? Been on a few good trips so far, latest being down to Peak District camping in the back! Truck has developed a droning noise from the front wheel so some plans for parts etc next month. Planning on replacing LBJ's, Wheel bearings, Brake discs and pads to sort the fronts, then many many plans from there!

Back