Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New wheel toy.

flint

Supporter
I’ve come to the conclusion that being in my 70s, aches and pains are trying to tell me something, so I took a punt on one of these. Not cheap, a bit less than a tyre, but it's well made, does help and it’s nice and shiny ! Just having had all the wheels off to go through the brakes it worked well for me.

Thankfully still manage my 120 wheels, years of practice helps, these days i tend to sit on the floor rather than try and fit them from above, i could probably still change my own lorry wheels and tyres (was a tyre fitter/repairer on plant agri commercial and car stuff back in my miss spent youth) but thankfully don't have to any more.

However that's a very well designed piece of equipment, particularly clever the extra set of rollers allowing the wheel to be easily rotated.
You could probably mackle something homemade up out of wood with 4 castors, even a crawling board would do the trick though you'd need the vehicle raised an extra 2 or 3", however all of these require smooth surfaces to work on.

Or cheat it in with a two foot square of sheet steel with some grease or oil seen it done at a firm I worked for to take off the drive axle wheels and brake drums for a brake reline on tractor units and the rigids in the fleet

Back