Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie looking for a nice 4.2td

frankychops

Country Flag
uk
Hi all. looking for a 2004ish 4.2td Amazon. Something to daily. So I'll be here with a million questions while looking around!

Also, is there a buyers guide!?

I don't know much about the 100 series but at this age rust or lack of it is the black and white simple indicator of good or bad .

Hi and welcome.

I'm sure others will chime in, but I agree with Shayne - starting point it rust, especially underneath - the panels will look mint, the chassis can be rotten (see various rust related posts - its a hot topic!). MOT check is a good starting point, if you have the reg numbers of anything you're interested in.

Ref the link - I'd be interested to see more pics of the underside....

As Dave says don't even look at the top side make your decisions while being lay under the truck without even knowing what colour it is would be the best way .
Prices are all over the place unrealistically high right now but as good examples are getting harder to find there doesn't seem much chance of prices dropping . If i was thinking of spending that on an 18 year old truck i I'd do some serious investigating about importing from Japan first .

As Dave says don't even look at the top side make your decisions while being lay under the truck without even knowing what colour it is would be the best way .
Prices are all over the place unrealistically high right now but as good examples are getting harder to find there doesn't seem much chance of prices dropping . If i was thinking of spending that on an 18 year old truck i I'd do some serious investigating about importing from Japan first .

its too much for me. are there any hidden rot areas to really dig into?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The rear end always suffers the worst of it and i believe some have fancy suspension that can be expensive to fix , as i said i don't know much about the 100 series so you would be best to read through threads in the 100 series section until other 100 series owners login and and offer pointers .

TBH it would be worth you having a read through Raj's posts - his is a 200 but the issues will be similar.

Back