Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil light flashing

Kevinmck

Country Flag
ireland
Oil light flashing every couple of days, yellow one bellow temp hand. Only stays on for 10 or 20 seconds then goes off, just curious as know of one that done this before engine fail maybe a blocked oil pickup

Can't give you a definate answer, but in view of problems associated with injector blow by and sludging = wrecked engines, I would not use it and drop the oil PDQ .
You can then look up through the drain hole with a torch (tricky) or use the camera on your phone, as I and others have done. That will give you a view of your oil pick up/strainer and if it's clean or blocked. Preferably leave drained overnight, as you will be dripped on !
Have the injectors ever been done, and when was the last time the oil/filter was changed ?

Why does this always seem to be a 120 ?

Would a bottle of engine flush added to the oil change routine help ?

Changed filter, oil and cleaned gauz myself 10000 miles ago- was nothing in the gauze.
Mechanic done an engine flush while we were at it.
Jeep is on her second engine and cone out if a jeep with low miles.

IIRC, depending on age, 'wrong' injector washers fitted by Toyota from new, causing blow by Shayne, allowing carbon build up and sludging, blocking the oil pick up/strainer.
Copper washers as were always normal were used, which didn't seem to cope well with the d4d engine, so they were upgraded to an aluminuised type. Injectors and other bits are normally done at this stage, and there was a recall by Toyota a long while ago.
Others more knowledgeable that have been caught by this and have done the job could comment more, and thats why I asked OP if injectors had been done.
Of course it may not be anything to do with this at all, and something far simpler and inexpensive.
If sludging has occurred a fush is not the cure mate.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How many oil lights are there? My oil pressure light is red, what's the yellow one you're seeing?

Looking at the book there's a oil level (presumably yellow?) light and an oil pressure light (red)

How's your oil level? Does the pressure light ever come on?

Back