Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Prado 120 from Poland

Misiek

Country Flag
poland
Hello everyone,
I just recently became an owner of 3.0D, 2006, 120 series with an automatic transmission and ~270kkm of experience.
It's my first TLC and as it's ment to be an overlanding vehicle and I mod my rigs myself, I joined the club to learn about that truck as much as I can.
Cheers! :)

Welcome Misiek there are a few 120s here and the owners are very good with the advice they give and am sure when the chores of the day are done they and other members will be along to Welcome you properly

Welcome Misiek
What modifications are you planning to do?
My Prado is pretty much stock. Only 2 things previous owner did was installing winch and changing stock suspension to Dobinson's +2" coil springs.
For now my plans are:
- steel rims with 265/70r17 BFG's KO2 (this is already ordered and is coming my way) :D
- all typical maintenance (timing belt, oils, filters, etc.),
- regeneration of torque converter + AT filter and oil,
- adding engine oil catch can,
- reprograming ECU for higher power and better torque distribution,
- minor welding and rust-proofing (somewhere in the future also full frame restoration but for now it's decent),
- recovery points,
- snorkel and diff breathers,
- dividing both stock batteries with isolator and building dual battery system,
- underbody protection for all vitals,
- steel side steps / rock sliders,
- roof rack / overlanding platform (for using with and without a tent) with led lights in all 4 directions,
- 300l/min 10bar air compressor with ~5l tank for inflating tires + (in future) running lockers,
- air-locker(s),
- second fuel tank,
- running water system with a tank, in-line filtration, heat exchanger and 12v pump,
- 270* awning,
- mounts for shovel, hi-lift, recovery boards, etc.
- drawer system with compressor fridge and built-in kitchen.

I don't have any strict plans for when, what order, etc. Most of the things I will figure out as I go.
A lot will depend on how much time and money I have in a moment.
Some plans might change, some might be skipped, some might be added.
You know how it is.
When I start the build I will most probably share it with the forum in a seperate thread.
Cheers!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back