Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radio

Alpine ida-x100, with stock speakers (I have some Polk drivers to fit when I get time). No amp/sub atm, but have an active vibe waiting to go in too (not sure if I prefer the space though).

I put a Pioneer blue tooth / ipod / usb / aux single din head unit in place of the OEM unit using an adapter to the OEM harness, replaced all the speakers but I can't remember what make/model I used :oops: and have a Pioneer powered 'slimline' sub in the boot across the back seats that doesn't give huge thumping bass but fills in nicely.

I recently fitted a JVC KD-R901 head unit with Halfwits wiring adaptor to stock wiring with Alpine speakers in the original holes. It lacks bass but they are only 100mm drivers. I have a set of bass kit to go in but not yet built into boxes :roll: .

The head units does CD (inc all CDR/CDRW), FM, AM, has two USB inputs (one of which is used for the bluetooth plug in) separate mic for phones, removable front and variable colour display (which is useful as a dimmer), The 2nd USB is fully ipod/iphone integrated.

It has an option to fit DAB, but requires a 'box' and different antenna, and a CD changer (but will run a memory stick so... :think: why buy a CD changer?)

Fitting is the usual Japanese system of removing most of the interior, and I fitted a halfwits tray in the gap below the head as it is a single DIN fit.

Some tealeaf will have it away now...... :oops: :evil: :roll:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back