Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Renewables ???

flint

Supporter
Interesting, if rather depressing, take on renewables, EVs etc.. Quite long and not exactly cheering.

The last 10 mins sums up the state of the planet..without any narrative. Pity Nuclear was only mentioned twice, but otherwise the elephant in the living room is not about energy..its 7.x billion people who think they are entitled to more. Worth watching, and am sure there will be people on both sides of the fence.

We think we are so superior but the overwhelmed natural world is fighting back and cutting us down.

The last 10 mins sums up the state of the planet..without any narrative. Pity Nuclear was only mentioned twice, but otherwise the elephant in the living room is not about energy..its 7.x billion people who think they are entitled to more.

Could be wrong, but I think that that was the point the film was trying to make. It's less about energy, and more that you can't have sustainable infinite growth on a finite planet, no matter how you dress it up, and that those who call the shots financially and politically depend on such growth and are intent on keeping it that way. Even if nuclear fusion gets of the ground, it will probably still be controlled by the haves and not always for the benefit of all. The thin veneer of civilisation is just that and getting thinner by the day, human nature vs nature nature.
Having said that, I'm as hypocritical as anyone. I enjoy my 80, but the amount that I'd spend on filling its tanks would allow someone in a less "developed" country to educate their children, feed them properly and keep them healthy. Lockdown for us is an inconvenience, for many it's as much of a health risk as Covid 19.

Back