Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reversing sensors???

CANEX

Country Flag
england
Happy New Year to you all :)
Can anyone help me with identifying these? I think they are reversing sensors from my 2002 LC100.
They don't work but the car beeps slightly when it's put into reverse. They look more like bolts but do have wires attatched to them.
berta001.jpg

berta002.jpg

If they are sensors do they look like they are broken or have bits missing?

cheers
Chris

Thanks - do they look broken? I bought the car from a farmer & wonder if they've been smashed by a trailer, he told me it didn't have reversing sensors!

that's what I thought - they look more like bolts!!
Anyone know how they are fitted or plug in?
Or better still - how to test them?

If you put the car in reverse and it starts making a beeping sound then you know they are not working like wise if you put it in reverse and someone puts there hand over one and it starts beeping then you know it is working.

They just clip in from the rear ie you push them in from the rear to the front. They should have 2 wires a black and a red i think (might be a white) running from each one that plugs into a wiring harness that leads to the controls for the units.

Another test to see if the reversing system is working is to unplug each sensor, mine has two and then when you put the car in reverse it should start to beep.

I know this as mine are in the same condision as yours and i am undecided as to if i am going to replace them or just remove the system as i will be fitting a rear bumper at some point.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like someone has fitted an aftermarket one as there's a box in by the jack with about 20 ft of spare wire & 3 green LED's

just looking at them tells me they are f### if they are denso they are toyota some toyota parking sensors come in a kit of 4 cost around 100 pounds but the set on my lexus which have 2 small sensors and 2 large sensors are sold singly and cost me 100 pound for 2 you will need the part numbers of the sensors or control box hope that helps :thumbup:

Looks like somebody reversed into something :D

One on mine is bust..... so it's bodyfiller, lathe then etch and paint.

Frank

Back