Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Seat movement

warrenpfo

A question for anyone with a 100 with electric seats. My seats are very comfortable but there does seem to be some movement in them when i brake hard. In trying to work out if they may be look in the rails or not bolted down correctly i jumped in behind both the drivers and passengers seat and pulled down and back on both of them to notice there was some "spring" in them.

Was just wondering if this was normal as I find it slightly annoying when I have my arm on the centre console and I brake I can feel the seat almost tilt/move ever so slightly forward and then back again.

No movement like that in my seats Warren, I'd have a good look at the mounting bolts.

A little bit of sideways movement in mine when I corner hard; but that's just me.

Frank

FYI I removed both seats today and had a snoop around underneath.
6059563636_5153d02844.jpg

In the next picture you can see a small 12mm bolt on the top right of the picure that attaches to a worm gear and the bolt on both seats where loose creating the play.
6059564350_b74a1ed2a9.jpg

That must be the driver's seat. Is the left seat a mirror image?

Is it the bolt with the green circle?
6060229450_48e3549cd4.jpg

Yes that is the driver’s seat and yes the passenger seat is a mirror image except for a grey box which i assume is the memory box to remember the seat positions. You have circled the nut correctly as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great.
So with your info here, it could be possible to tighten the nut without taking the seat off. Or would it be too little room?

It’s very very tight under there and with the limited tool box that i have it was easy to unbolt the 4 mounting bolts and unplug the 3 connectors underneath and remove the seat.

You might be able to get a ratchet ring spanner on and tighten it up but to be honest i don’t think you will have the space.

If you don’t want to remove the seat from the car then just undo the 4 bolts and tilt the seat back in the car which should give you the access you need,

Back