Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Side mirror disassembly

vencel

Country Flag
hungary
Hello,

Could anybody send me some guidance (with photos perhaps) on how to disassemble the side mirrors?
The passanger side mirror on my 2004 LC100 LHD move very slowly and I would like to take it apart, clean and lubricate and if this would not help then to change the motor(s) in it.

I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks!
László

Thank you very much for your help and the link to the PDF. It is very helpful and I managed to disassemble the mirror. I turned out that one of the gears was moving very hard. I have no idea how coult it get stuck, maybe the pastic gear wheel increased in size due to the high temperature we are having in Hungary (40C). I polsihed it carefully with a very fine sand paper, greased it and reassembled. Now it works perfectly. It seems I will have to do the same with the other mirror.
The motor inside seems to be a generic and cheap model. It's part number is FK-130RD, you can find information about in on the net.
I tried to upload some photos, but was unable :-(

Tried to upload a pdf with the instructions, but was told that it is not allowed by landcruiserclub.net.

Anyhow, here's a linky instead:
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/59014-side-mirror-issue-followup-and-oem-parts/

Haven't tried this myself, but the mirrors are the same whether you call it LC100 or LX470

Back