Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Skoda Yeti on top gear

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Just seen the test, quite impressive.

I just watched it too, but forgive me if I seem a bit cynical, but I take everything I see on Top Gear these days with a pinch of salt. For instance, did you also watch the Beetle being dropped from one mile up and landing right next to the finish line, without a trace of a bounce? if true that is amazing accuracy, I don't doubt it was dropped but I think it must have been dropped again (off camera) close to the finish line. This is not a 'car' programme any more, it is an entertainment programme and it should have the title;

The Jeremy Clarkson Show.

We have been considering getting the missus one when she comes to replacing her Superb in a year or two and we decided to get her a 4x4 that was primarily a car rather than an offroader. She is a GP and needs to get out to see her patients for house calls in all weathers. Living in NE Scotland means she ends up stealing my Hilux (I wont let her drive my 80 :lol: ) which costs twice as much to run as her current Skoda. As she likes them and she keeps commenting that she now doesn't need a car as big as the Superb or an Octavia, it means the only option left is the Yeti. We are holding off to see how they compare to the rest of the range when it comes to reliability.

I have seen the Skoda Yeti perform off road and I must say I was suitably impressed for what is essentially a road car on steroids. I went out with a load of mates green laning when I went back down to Lincolnshire and one of them turned up in a 4wd Yeti demostrator he had on loan for the weekend :lol: . After copious amounts of urine extraction, he took it out for a spin. I was surprised at how agile it actually was. OK it has minimal ground clearance and the departure angles leave a lot to be desired, but with a decent set of tyres it would take a road covered in snow or rutted farm track with ease. I would loved to have seen the salesmans face when he took it back on the monday afternoon covered in dubs :D

Back