Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spot connect with smartphone

Looks good, and at 199 Euros a lot cheaper than a Sat phone :thumbup:

Very interesting. I will be looking into that when it comes out.

A couple of the retailers are on my doorstep in the Yacht dealers so will go and ask.

As a event photographer covering multiple events all over the UK, the Spot Connect and Smartphone solution would be a great real-time communication asset to my business and my customers. Thanks for the heads up Paul. Nice one!

The Other John

AKA: The Dark Dude

Its the call charges i am trying to find out about, i might be off to somewhere hot and sandy for quite a while so need good comms.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I am told i need an iphone or an android II phone.

I hear the iphone is rubbish but what is android II? Operating system? And what phones have it?

Simple answer I you don't want IPhone get a Galaxy S2 (samsung). You will not be disappointed.

Just got my Samsung Galaxy S2 back from being repaired, inserted sim card, looked in 'contacts' and no bl**dy contacts, :angry-screaming: they are on my HTC phone, but not the sim card, how the hell do I transfer them from my HTC to my Samsung :? I can't see how to transfer them from the HTC to the card.

Cossack said:
Just got my Samsung Galaxy S2 back from being repaired, inserted sim card, looked in 'contacts' and no bl**dy contacts, :angry-screaming: they are on my HTC phone, but not the sim card, how the hell do I transfer them from my HTC to my Samsung :? I can't see how to transfer them from the HTC to the card.

Do you have a gmail email addy? If so you can sync your contacts from the HTC with google, and then sync them down to the new phone. One of the nice things about Android.... unless of course you are the suspicious type and you are worried about google spying on you and your mates :roll:

TonyP said:
Cossack said:

Do you have a gmail email addy? If so you can sync your contacts from the HTC with google, and then sync them down to the new phone. One of the nice things about Android.... unless of course you are the suspicious type and you are worried about google spying on you and your mates :roll:
I do have a gmail, but I can't get the HTC to connect to it, bugger!!

Back