Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Steering and Stopping

chamilto13

Country Flag
united_states
I have a 72 Fj40 I am in the middle of restoring, Id like to put disk brakes all the way around and get power steering.

For the brake kits, which is the best, and do they offer replaceable parts (rotors,pads,calipers) from another vehicle that is easier to access from the local parts store.

As for the steering i am looking for the same thing( do they have easily replaceable parts for the kits from local parts stores?)

Hi and welcome,

Spectre Off Road www.sor.com who are based in LA give details of the conversion kits that they have for PS and disc brakes all round. I have always found their products to be excellent in quality and fit. And they supply spare parts for those kits.

Other vehicles? If it is not from a Toyota don't use it - it will only break.

From other LCs? My 40 has parts from other LCs but they were on it when I bought it. It has taken well over a decade to fully understand and id parts, so if you go that route write every part number down and where you fitted it. But remember to decide which parts from which model/series is going to take a enormous amount of research.

Photos of your FJ40? We like photos!

Regards,

Rodger

A question rather than an answer regarding brakes - would it not be easier to just swap axles to some intended to use disks ?

My daughter in laws 2001 Toyota Corolla has some sort of electrically driven power steering which might be worth looking into as a cheaper option ?

Back