Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Swapping out square headlights for round ones.

Bert

Country Flag
great_britain
I have always preferred the look of round headlights over the square ones on the 90/95 series, so when the opportunity to get a set popped up, I decided to take it. They were extremely easy to install, tasking less than an hour to swap over. I am pleased with the look.

1669622541703.png

1669622583262.png

1669622626329.png

Looks really good and suppose you could fit 6” led round reflectors really easily?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've been in touch with Nayab through FB for 70 series bits but not yet bought anything from him. He has a very good rep on there. Maybe it would be an idea to introduce to him to this forum for members who are not on there.

I like the looks of the round lites. I am importing a Prado diesel from Japan into the US andwould like to find a source as well. I assume Chinese manufacture.I would like to find a link and not have to mess with Facebook.

Apparently the round lights are Japanese, made by Koito, I looked for other sources but Facebook seems to be the easiest way. Cool thing is that you can fit any 7” round reflector in them so could get DOT approved Led reflectors and have a legal led conversion… would be pretty neat
@Bert do you retain the control of headlight angle from the cabin and was it easy to set them up for left hand drive and alignment?

@MikeJak I fitted the round headlights and there is no automatic/in-cabin height adjustment available, only manual with the adjusting screws.

@Russell Gray 'Nayab Akbar' does supply parts for all models. I just had a delivery today of oil tube/stick for my replacement 1K engine. It does take about three weeks as any parts are shipped from Pakistan to Midlands and forwarded from there. Can be expensive but a good source for parts that are hard to find.

Attachments

• 20210918_161032.jpg
    20210918_161032.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20220320_130625.jpg
    IMG_20220320_130625.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 39
Thanks @Bert , did you have the headlight adjustment in cabin on your cruiser with the original lights? (I think it was introduced with the facelift later model) would be nice to maintain it if I can…
Can vouch for Nayab, a friend just received a full set of sills cut off from one of Nayab cruisers to patch up a rusty body, expensive but much easier then making new sills..the guy is a great resource and his company is Uk registered so all above board too

Hi @MikeJak
My old Prado doesn't have the adjustable lights, but removing the old square lights and putting the round ones in was no bother. Without touching them at all, the round ones slipped straight in, no re-aligment necessary with the ones I received (mine is right hand drive). Nayab is a great man to purchase from, I have no qualms about buying from him.

Back