Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Techstream

Gary Watson

Country Flag
australia
Hi Guys what version of Techstream is people running using to find fault codes and other things tuning them on or off thankyou I have my connector to hook to my laptop just wondering what version people where using

Hi karl2000 thankyou for the reply as I am looking to see what version people are running hopfully somthing thats easy to install on a laptop

What OS have you got on your laptop? That V12 is running on win7.

I think TractionMan has a version running on windows 10 - it might be 15.x, but not sure.

You probably know already but you want to use a dedicated laptop for this (not your family internet one or your online banking one) because all these techstream downloads are hacked versions, and nobody knows what they do.

Hi karl got one not used these days old unit with win 10 update on it think it was running win 7 then got up date to 10 but no it is not used for anything these days most likely will need new battery to get it going been sitting for about 18 months now

Karl, I thought it was running on win 7, but haven't got a clue,or what version really, you installed it as you know I am s**t with this stuff, haha. I just fire it up and go straight into the dedicated Techstream.
If you can tell me what I'm looking for, I can maybe confirm. (not too technical, mind.)

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It doesn't really matter as long as you have post version 9 (i think)

The key with techstream is that allows you to communicate over the unusual Jap OBD signal!

The best way i found of using it, is to download the virtual machine from the "techstream in 5 minutes" thread on ih8mud- here How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club].

The thread will show you how to install a "virtual" windows xp PC on your laptop, which is 32bit; Techstream works much better on it and its safer as its contained in its own box.

If you have a JDM car (as mine is) you need to use Global Techstream which is slightly different again unfortunately

running 16.30.013, have to also ensure you have the right drivers etc installed - was a bit of a pain but now all good....

running 16.30.013, have to also ensure you have the right drivers etc installed - was a bit of a pain but now all good....
Hi Gary thankyopu for the info is it running on win 7, 8 or 10 64 bit or 32 , I have a copy of 16.20.023 with a patch to get it going, I already have my USB to OBD patch lead and an old lap top that dose not gey used much these days for anything we have changed our modem so it dose not even connect to the net these days
How did you find 16.30.013 thx
regards Gary from down under

Running win10 64bit, fully patched OS, on an i7 (old) laptop on 16gig RAM, runs just fine.

What i've just found out with techstream is that the dongles make a LOT of difference.

I now have 3 "vims"- 2 are the silvery USB dongles- oone of them is firmware version 1.6 and the other is firmware version 2.04. The latter is twice the price of the former, but 3 times the value! I also bought a VXDiag VXmini that works really really well - it communicates via wifi, its much quicker than the 2.04 and seems much more reliable. Its of course more expensive too!

the 1.6 and 2.04 are fundamentally different- using the 2.04 allows you to address more ECU's and make more changes- it is also considerably faster!

thx for the info Guys to all that have helped me I am a mechanic by trade kind of old school have done all my courses on the modern motor car EFI petrol and diesel, elec auto's, ABS etc I am fully registered A grade VACC mechanic by trade. but at 68 years old am retired I still have my scanner and stuff I still do some bits and pieces at home for friends and family but I want Techstream for my own cruiser its a UZJ100 Sahara 07/2004 model not sure what version of Techstream I need I got one from some one on Fleebay ( Ebay ) it came with a couple of version of the soft wear and have found some on the net free to down load but you need to join some Tech site make a donation to get the codes to get your softwear going, Am not a desk top or laptop computer wizard but am ok with the setup's on cars and 4X4's thanks to all Gaz

Back