Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thinking of buying after market mirrors for your 60, read this first.

moggy1968

I bought some (pretty expensive) aftermarket mirrors for my HJ60 when it was being rebuilt, and I have to say, they are shit!! The glass vibrates, but that doesn't really matter as you can't see shag all!! For some reason they are fitted with a concave mirror, which magnifies the image, significantly reducing your field of view wheras mirrors are usually convex, widening the field of view. the plastic body also marks really easily.

I have now lashed out a not inconsiderable sum for genuine NOS Toyota mirrors but if you are updating, retain your rubber gaskets as these are no longer available.

here's a piccie showing the difference in image from the 2 mirrors. Any gain in size is mostly in height so not actually that useful anyway.

IMAG0591_zpsdb1d16c1.jpg

I was about to pull the pin and buy a set from ebay, Thanks for the advice!

I just got 2 new ones for my 80, and they seem to be shaky too. Also from eBay. A mate one for his Prado the other day too, and he is not happy with them (also eBay)

Aaron

mine weren't off ebay, they were from a supplier of cruiser bits but I don't think it's fair to name them as they have looked after me really well for lots of other bits.

probably all from the same manufacturer though.

Back