Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tiger 2 winch issues

CCtiger

Country Flag
australia
Hi guys, I had a Tiger 2 1200lb winch from my old 4x4 installed on my 70 series LC. I have used the winch about 10 times in total and that was just spooling in and out to keep things from seizing. The winch has not been submerged, or used for any recoveries. I went to use it the other day and it would not work.I swapped the cable control to the remote control same result. I thought it may have been the solenoid so I replaced it. same result. I used a small cable to "jump" across the terminals on the winch motor and used an external battery and the motor winds in and out no problems. I think it may be the actual plug at the top of the control box that may be the problem? If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks.
CCtiger

the actual plug at the top of the control box
Do you mean the one with the three holes where you plug the remote cable in?
You can check this when you bridge the connections with a piece of wire or a paper clip.

Btw are you sure you get 12 volt from the car battery? On my tigershark, there is some sort of fuse on the battery + pole.

Do you mean the one with the three holes where you plug the remote cable in?
You can check this when you bridge the connections with a piece of wire or a paper clip.

Btw are you sure you get 12 volt from the car battery? On my tigershark, there is some sort of fuse on the battery + pole.
Hi Firewout, i have bridged the connections with wire and a test lamp. I have 4 holes in the top of my plug. 1 hole is live. I think the issue is the whole plug needs replacing. I am just waiting to hear back from the supplier if they have any ideas. Thanks for your help.
CCtiger

Back