Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toot! Toot!

55palfers

Garage
I have recently bought a 2007 LC4. I'm very happy with it.

However, the horn I think sounds a little feeble. It may well have come off an Aygo!

Does the team have any suggestions as to what horn units I can replace the OE with please?

I'm not looking for the American locomotive type, just something a bit more basso profondo than castrato.

Many thanks

The point I decided to change mine was when I hooted at a guy who cut in front of me and he started shaking his fist at a Nissan Micra thinking it was the Micra who hooted at him, not me. :lol:

I replaced mine with these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Twin-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec10d2b8f

Very loud, sounds better than the tweet tweet.
It broke about a year later after some mucking about in deep (over the bonnet) water.

I replaced it with a Nautilus which was loud but was a bit tweety-air-horn type sound. Did not like it.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Volt-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a7b7a5235

My opinion, get the £5.99 one - just to hit deep puddles of water as hard as you can :whistle:

The point I decided to change mine was when I hooted at a guy who cut in front of me and he started shaking his fist at a Nissan Micra thinking it was the Micra who hooted at him, not me. :lol:

That made I laff out loud and long did that...thanks Crispin

Got a Nautilus on mine, very loud twin air horn sound. Scares the crap out of unsuspecting pedestrians......... not that I do things like that. :whistle:

How about down to the local scrappy, and get a few horns of biggish cars.
Say about 6 off ?
A relay to switch them, via a direct feed from the battery.

Could have a nice chorus !

Can't be more than £1.00 each of random cars.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Stiebel nautilus for me and a few others here - works a charm. People take note now :lol:

Back