Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Torsion bars: scheme and part number wanted

It should be written up as routine maintenance every 100k .

Is that pounds ££££ kilometres or miles

Thanks Bob for your insight. I’m not particularly worried but perhaps after 125K miles it would be prudent to change them. I would only fit original parts. Would Toyota still list them? I know through my local Toyota dealer you could buy a genuine radiator when I enquired.

I reckon that at 303k km then your front springs will have some wear, tbh 10mm isnt worth worrying about overly - probably caused by driver weight over a long period of time.

A new pair arent expensive, and if youre having the bottom ball joint done then ideal time!

First of all thanks everyone for your insights, it's very helpful. I ordered original Toyota lower ball joints and upper ones too. I also noticed my cruiser isn't equipped with dust covers (43346-60011) for LBJ, maybe I should order that too. They're rather expensive at 40€ for each one.
About the front coil springs: what's the original and stock length for them for my KDJ95 (year 2002)? According to schemes found on Amayama and such they vary from 352mm to 390mm-ish or even more. I found some KYB ones with 365mm of length and have a feeling that's the stock length for coil springs but am not sure. I'm guessing my coil springs are original but I can't really measure them when they're installed in...

Last edited:
Had my Upper and Lower BJ done. Although the old ones weren't bad and I've taken the truck off-roading they did have play so feel more confident driving now.
jb1.jpg
jb2.jpg
jb3.jpg
jb4.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back