Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota Australia warranty

CharlesTM

Country Flag
australia
After troubles with brand new 79 having what the Dealer calls 'clutch rattle' and a vibration coming through from the front end - dealer wants to sidestep the issue by citing 'after market upgrades'. Even though we have phone records showing that we informed the dealer of these problems before anything was added ie., half leaf in springs and canopy on tray.
If Toyota Australia will not have a genuine go at fixing the issues I am thinking of taking to an independent expert to rectify. This will surely void the warranty.
My question here is will that void the 'entire' warranty or only the parts of the warranty that have not been worked on or upgraded by others?
I have heard of so many people buying the same model vehicle and driving straight to other sources to be modified which suggests that the warranty is shite anyway.

I dont know much about Australia but i was under the impression that all modifications have to be signed off by a government engineer as equal to or above manufacturers spec ,which if true would completely trash their argument ?

Thanks Shayne, Good point - we have Australian Standards (AS&NZ) that have to be adhered to for all things but especially mechanical. So their argument would have to disprove the AS on any professional mods.

I'd point out that you will be contacting (AS&NZ) who you are sure will in turn be contacting Toyota about dealerships that fail to honour warranty commitments .

We have a body in UK that car makers can sign up to. Unresolved issues can be decided by them. It causes so much paperwork dealers often give way. Perhaps you have such in OZ. The certificate should be on public display. Worth having a walk round and inspect their walls for clues as to where help may come from.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Make it about the dealership rather than Toyota putting his boss on your side .

I had a big grief with VW. I went to reception and asked which was the directors office. She showed me which one and I walked in to his office unannounced and sat down. That got his attention.

:lol: brilliant Frank , it suddenly becomes a personal problem for them to :lol:

Remember when i was a about 17 a macho boss bigging it up and storming off to the site mobile office inviting me to follow , his lip starting quivering when i stepped inside and locked the door behind me :laughing-rolling:

Turned out his foreman had caused the damage trying to drive my digger when i was on another job .

Back