Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Troopy? trying to understand what I have.

Verne

Country Flag
united_states
Hi Guys,

I bought a Troopy in Cambodia last year and I am trying to better understand what I have so I can research parts and common problems.

Is there a Data plate code library I can research that someone can point me to?

My Data plate info:

PZJ75LV-KR
1PZ 3470
FZJ80-0166846
045 LA10
R141F K252
A11

I think it is a 96 or 97 (sold to me as a 96)
Diesel 4.2

Issues that I have with it. Are these common issues?

Needs all rubber break lines, none are leaking but all cracked and out casing broken.
Missing rear fuel tank
Power Steering leak, looks like the reservoir itself.
banging when starts, looks like exhaust hits the body or frame, possible broken right side engine mount?
Exhaust leak, appears to be manifold to block, I have not yet removed the heat guard to check.
Possible clutch or throw out bearing noise, have no isolated yet
rides like a tank as I expect for leaf springs
Difficult to go into first gear if not at a dead stop? I found this normal on old american trucks but a friend here tells me it's not normal for the Toyota?

Thanks,

Verne

Hi Verne,
http://www.toyodiy.com/ will get you started for the part numbers.

Did you import the troopie into the US afterwards?

Nope, the Landcruiser and I both live in Siem Reap, Cambodia. It was a local NGO car. I have lived in Asia roughly 10 years from the USA, mostly in China. I am looking to source parts in Australia as there seems to be a lot of these there and I go down there from time to time.

and thanks!

V

Nope, the Landcruiser and I both live in Siem Reap, Cambodia. It was a local NGO car. I have lived in Asia roughly 10 years from the USA, mostly in China. I am looking to source parts in Australia as there seems to be a lot of these there and I go down there from time to time.

and thanks!

V

Having visited as a tourist to that part of the world the 4x4 tracks must be quite adventurous to say the least.

It would be worth you taking a look at https://www.amayama.com/en to see if they can ship to you direct in Cambodia.

The 1PZ is a 5 cylinder 3.5 litre version of the 1HZ 6 cylinder 4.2litre

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back