Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

!#@!! - Very scary noise under breaking!!!!!!!!!

Yup sucked - but got it back now :dance:

So. The result. It's all quiet on the rear wheel front.

Now, I didn't make this up. I checked. Three other humans, at least one of which is sensible, heard this noise and made the "oh that's bad" face. But evidence would suggest... against what my inner voices will argue... that if they did indeed just "grease clips".... I should accept that I've learnt something and move on.

Of course, now that I'm listening the fronts sound a bit noisy. But any sound produced by friction between pads and disk is enough to make me wobble right now - as is the unsettling noise of a fly doing up it's laces :lol:

In short then, I had a "very" noisy noise from the brakes at the moment the LC stopped as the weight shifted forwards and backwards. Because the pads are held on by sprung clips they can move. When they move they can make a noise. Greasing these clips gets rid of the noise.

What can I say. The noise has gone Jon.

Obviously I'm taking the wheels off later :lol:

I should add at this point that Mr. T was great. Took it straight in, did the job, hoovered and cleaned and returned very efficiently. No charge because apparently I've "spent enough already".

Good show :thumbup:

Back