Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wander of the West

edwinarobertson

Country Flag
australia
Your name: Edwina Robertson aka Wander of the West
Your Cruiser: Not yet purchased
Mods on your Cruiser:
Plans for your Cruiser: To reliably get around Australia (approx 30 000km in 92 days) and maintain the authenticity of the adventure.
4x4 Experience: Zero, Zilch, Nada.
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant:
G'day, I am embarking on an adventure in what I believe is an Australian first in May next year. As a photographer, I am driving around Australia capturing weddings, families, properties, landscapes and not taking any money. I am relying on the hospitality and generosity of rural and regional Australians. There is no set price to my services so I am asking that each host family provide food, accommodation, fuel, and a packed lunch to keep me going for a full 92 days (Three months). I plan to travel on average of 450km/day.
I am hoping to visit some of the most remote places in Australia and will be travelling solo. Originally I was looking at a brand new Prado, but although the reliability is there, there is no Outback Authenticity attached to that. I have just started searching for the perfect wheels. I would prefer a wagon such as an HJ47 or BJ42. Realistically, I'm doing my research right now and I don't know much yet! (I am also female and when it comes to cars, this is not my forte!) I would love to hear any MUST haves that I should consider in a vehicle i.e. Engine types, issues, modifications that I should consider when looking to purchase. I would also love to hear what you may recommend for such a trip.

You can view the page here: https://www.facebook.com/WANDEROFTHEWEST/

Many thanks in advance.

Back