Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

what gps is best?

Des johnston

hello people :)
looking to get a gps im going to morroco next april and want to get a good one that has value for money!
i also want it for when im driving a truck. something that wont be outdated in a couple of years
i really dont have a clue about gps so if someone could point me in the right direction and tell me what feature it has o have to go to morroco?
cheers

Des,
A GPS is a consumer item unfortunately, so like the computer that you're reading/writing on, it will be obsolete in time.

Are you proposing to stick to main roads? If so a "regular" satnav will probably do you if it has the necessary maps for Morocco. If you're being a bit more adventurous and going more off the beaten track and into Africa, you might want to run Tracks4Africa, which essentially means a Garmin unit. Garmin is probably your best bet anyway for an off-the-shelf unit with maps available for most of the world.
Garmin units range from fairly basic satnavs with modest functionality to hardcore GPS machines with a zillion features. I'm not too clued up on them, so I would venture for the simpler end of the spectrum and see how you.

I'm sure someone more switched on than me will be along to give some more specific advice ;)

Back