Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Why is oil coming from here?

nick_the_fish

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
Hello all,

Just got the tappet cover gasket replaced by a Toyota Garage down here in Namibia.

Since it's been done I've noticed a small amount of oil coming from the hose that connects the tappet cover with the air intake (blue arrows in the below photos). I had always assumed that they were connected to equalise the pressure in the tappet cover, so not sure if oil is supposed to even be in the hose. I've got some jubilee clips with me so can easily stop the leak, but just wondered why there is oil in that hose in the first place.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

N
IMG_6801.jpg

IMG_6802.jpg

Its the metal pipe rubber connects to , its not part of the rocker cover , riveted on inside i believe . Gotta fix mine as well .

Just the breather, mine goes to the air box post filter via an aftermarket catch can

Nothing to worry about...as others have said it's a closed loop crankcase breather system so just a bit of "pull over" in the form of oil vapour that condenses .... jubilee will sort it or just put a bit of sealer round the stub before you slide the rubber pipe on ...the rubber goes hard after a while and once disturbed often won't seal .

Back