Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Window tracks

Nick Shepherd

Does anyone have a reliable and cheap source for new ones? Ian has none and won't be getting any more.

£90 each at my local Toyota shop seems a little astonishing.

Nick Shepherd said:
Does anyone have a reliable and cheap source for new ones? Ian has none and won't be getting any more.

£90 each at my local Toyota shop seems a little astonishing.

are you sure you need 4? I've just done mine - the rear windows now work fine (where before they wouldn't even go down) but the drivers door isn't a whole lot better. The passenger door is better, but what I'm thinking is that it's a combination of the door rubbers and other factors that causes this. I think my driver's door motor is worn out whereas the rear ones are largely unused. I'm going to think about what to do with it.

Have you tried the suggestions in this thread first? http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13415

I might as well change them all at the same time, it doesn't hurt. I won't be putting silicone on my windows, the mech and regulator will be getting greased and I've already stripped and cleaned the DS switch.

I won't know I definitely need the new rubbers until I fit them ;)

If nobody has a good source I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and pay the £90 Toyota want for the one I use most.

Maybe try Parts King on here :?: PM him and see what he can do - he might not be able to match Ian's price but he will probably beat your local dealer.

i ordered some off ian a couple of weeks ago. i thought he was back in the parts game...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Also try Simon. Can't find the thread on the phone but it us a sticky in the servicing section.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

paulm said:
i ordered some off ian a couple of weeks ago. i thought he was back in the parts game...
He isn't any more.

Crispin said:
Also try Simon. Can't find the thread on the phone but it us a sticky in the servicing section.

Thanks Crispin, email sent to Simon as well.

My PM to John (P-K) seems to be stuck in the outbox, not in sent messages, hopefully it's just because he hasn't read it yet. :?:

Nick Shepherd said:
My PM to John (P-K) seems to be stuck in the outbox, not in sent messages, hopefully it's just because he hasn't read it yet. :?:
:thumbup: Yip PMs stay in outbox until read.

Back