Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wiring Help

Piper

I've bought a GPS tracker for my wife's car as she's going to be using it in Tanzania and Malawi for a year where the risk of theft is pretty high. Whilst the tracker can work off it's own battery it'd need charged regularly so the better option is to hard-wire it to the car. It comes with a cable and connectors to do this but the manufacturer recommends connecting it to a permanently live connection so that it will always receive battery power. Can anyone recommend a place in the car (preferably inside the cabin) where there'd be a permanent live connection? Initially I had thought of under the drivers seat and running it from the electric seats (as on my own car) but my wife's is an import and doesn't have the powered seats so I presume there's not any other wiring under there either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan

The headlight level adjust switch is a permanent live

Have a look behind your radio, it should have a permanent unswitched 12v+ on one of the connections to retain the settings in the radio. That's probably a good one to use as it will be fused quite low, then fit the tracker well up under the dash where it's a pig to get to and cannot be seen from the foot wells.

Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great replies. We fly out to meet the car on Wednesday so I'll hopefully get it sorted then.

Cheers
Ryan

Back