Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series - 4.2TD Auto '04 reg

chadr

Garage
Country Flag
england
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LA...t-/252211855136?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Nothing particularly special about this hundy, just saw it pop up on the 'bay and had a butcher's.

Given it has the face lifted interior*, registered on 1st March 2004 and therefore (obviously) on an '04 plate, one would assume that it is has the newer 5 spd auto.......well, surprise surprise, it hasn't.

It actually has the old 4 spd auto......must have been an unregistered one that a dealer had forgotten at the back of the showroom. Especially since the newer 5 spd box was available from around early-to-mid 2003. I would have put money on an '04 plate 100 having the newer box.

* I know that a face lifted model doesn't automatically mean it will have the 5 spd box.

I have been looking at 100s for a while and seen a few 04 plates with the 4 speed.

This is the first time I have come across a 4 spd this "late".

I've seen 5spd as early as '03 reg, which would make it between March and August 2003.

Out of interest, and I'm certain it will be on here somewhere, but which is the better box?

the later 5 speed box is the more desired one mainly due to the better economy.

Isnt there also some thing about a 2 fixing yoke, and a more stronger 4 fixing yoke in the autobox ?

Gra

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's the front diff, and only applies to the first 2 years of production.

Back