Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 Series Composite Overland Build

NomadicMichael

Garage
Country Flag
united_states
I expect this to be my last Overland build. I've been to the Expo (West and Mountain West) for the last 10 years. In 2015 after living in a 39' Diesel Pusher I had a 4x4 Sprinter 144 custom built by Colorado Camper Van. I lived in that rig for 2.5 years traveling the US deciding to settle down and build a house in SW Colorado. For the last 4 years I have been driving an '03 E-350 4x4 with 8" lift and 37" tires. The internal build is minimal on this van.

Last year I bought an '18 LX 570 200 Series for my daily driver, not sure what to do with my '06 LX470 I did a ton of research and decided to build a Maltec similar build on the LX470. Michael Clark's build has given me a lot of inspiration especially in the interior layout. While researching builds I saw a video of a Durango couple that was building an expedition truck. They chose Allan Ivy with Overlander.Global to build their truck. Allan allows customers to come on site and help with the build in his shop. I met with Allan about this build, which I believe is only being done in Germany based on my research; Allan and his son Andy were both excited about taking me as a client.

At this point we have cut the vehicle, built the aluminum sub frame and designed/ordered the composite box. I'll post more as we progress. You can also find information about the build on Instagram @motar_colorado (Michael's Overland Travel Adventure Rig) along with my person travel journey @NomadicMichael.

IMG_7457.jpeg
IMG_7523.jpeg
LX470_EXTENDED.jpg

Just an idea but i always wondered why the fold outside bed never seems to make it into camper builds . its more practical than a roof tent and you don't have to configure to accommodate a bed .

Google an old Coleman camper which better explains .

Just an idea but i always wondered why the fold outside bed never seems to make it into camper builds . its more practical than a roof tent and you don't have to configure to accommodate a bed .

Google an old Coleman camper which better explains .
Check out the Infanta 4x4 Inkunzi in South Africa. They use a partial slide out style bed.

Not in the same league in any way shape or form but my budget 6x4ft box hosts a sink , cooker and two double beds .

1713540315276.jpeg

Back