Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adventure & Overland Show - ENDING!

Just twigged this... the Overland show is being cancelled due to spiralling costs, but will be relaunched as a campervan show...not sure why this would be cheaper to run though!? Weird...

Bad K in Germany still runs happily, so there is clearly market for this kind of thing. Ho hum...

Sounds a bit smelly i get you would have a bigger market from the campers but surely if the show was combined anyway. Would being a sole camper show attract sellers better?

Sounds a bit smelly i get you would have a bigger market from the campers but surely if the show was combined anyway. Would being a sole camper show attract sellers better?
Completely agree, certainly cost effective to have two shows in one and much more likely to attract visitors. It doesn't stack up, but then it's always been badly organised!!

One could speculate on a number of things

Dwindling numbers of overland vehicles
Over run with white gin palaces
Dwindling numbers of traders
Displays mostly big purchases
Rules, rules, rules.
Ground damage caused by overland vehicles. (Who's going to pull the vans out when it rains?)
Expensive given what you get access too
Competition with other emerging events.

We need these shows to make aftermarket parts markets attractive to manufacturers (outside of green oval parts) and to show case the overland community, which is very different to the van daytrippers or van lifers.

I went to Bad Kissengen last year and was amazed by the scale and content (although still a little disappointed about the lack of stuff to buy there and then). Just a different level.

There is the Bushcraft Show which is about the same ish time that has an overland section and a sort of bugout and survival sellers and demonstration at Stanford Hall Lutterworth not sure on price or dates but some of the videos I have watched looks far more interesting than the racecourse show And they gotta POND
Just had a nosey at the Bushcraft Show website aanndd uumm wow open on 24th May midday 25th 26th and 27th bog standard ticket price one adult 126 of His Majesty Pounds and if you wants to be a V.I.P. YOU WILL have to pay 195 of His Majesty Pounds but on the bright side kids get in a little bit less
Think i will go to the pub meeting instead better company

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back