Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

105 turbo diesel

I like everything about the 105 but does it need more power?

It's a hard question to answer to be honest. I don't think it does, and I also have no problems in a convoy of 80s, just a bit slower off the block.

With a family and dog onboard, with a week's worth of supply and a roof tent etc, it never felt lethargic to me. But yes, you need to give yourself an extra second at the roundabout and on some of their European T junctions that lead directly into a motorway you need to check 2 times.

The first gear is absurdly low. You won't use that often. And I drove 235/85r16 ... Which are the perfect tyre for the 105 I feel.

A 1hd hundy, on the other hand, feels different.

Where in the UK are you based ? A 1hz is not something I would recommend anyone buy in this day and age without first driving it.

Was the 105 only sold without a turbo?
Cheers
In Oz they only came out with an n/a 1HZ
Maybe not so much of a problem in cooler climates.
In the north-west here though, with summer temperatures often well above 43 degrees C, if towing an even small trailer, they're just downright gutless, anemic and struggle to do 80 km/hr.

I had one 25 years ago and ended up building a 1HDT for it... and then it became a nice car to drive.

It's a hard question to answer to be honest. I don't think it does, and I also have no problems in a convoy of 80s, just a bit slower off the block.

With a family and dog onboard, with a week's worth of supply and a roof tent etc, it never felt lethargic to me. But yes, you need to give yourself an extra second at the roundabout and on some of their European T junctions that lead directly into a motorway you need to check 2 times.

The first gear is absurdly low. You won't use that often. And I drove 235/85r16 ... Which are the perfect tyre for the 105 I feel.

A 1hd hundy, on the other hand, feels different.

Where in the UK are you based ? A 1hz is not something I would recommend anyone buy in this day and age without first driving it.
Portugal for the winter,Jersey for the summer.
Does yours have the split rear door?
What's a 1HD hundy?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Portugal for the winter,Jersey for the summer.
Does yours have the split rear door?
What's a 1HD hundy?

Ah if you are ever around for one of the club meets you are welcome to look at mine.

I have the 50/50 up and over. I think @nick_the_fish has split barn doors(?).

1hd hundy = the 1hd based 100 series ( the normal one in the UK, with turbo and bigger gearbox, also usually auto ).

What specifically about the 105 do you like over the 100 ?

Back to basics appeal;
Solid front axle,split barn door,rugged looks and seems like less to go wrong...

I think @nick_the_fish has split barn doors(?).
Yep sure do.

I'm bit late to the party, but FWIW while the 1HZ lacks power I've always found it to be fine for my needs . It struggles desperately at altitude(+3000m) where it belches out black smoke while being overtaken by 18 wheelers, however we made it up the Sani pass fully loaded at the end of the wet season which says it all. Also the reliability and simplicity of the 1HZ more than make up for the inconvenient lack of power.

I have driven KBs 105 and it didn't seem that different but expect with a load up could be different

Thanks for that lads,I think my LC3 120 is more my cup of tea.
I just wish it looked better,i.e more like a 105...

Back