Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 Winch Bumpers

Trevor

Country Flag
england
After my "incident" :text-yeahthat: on Sunday, I'm looking for a winch bumper. So I'm looking for some shortcut answers as I'm all Googled out.

Requirements:-

ARB Safari type bumper - are there any alternatives?

If so who stocks them (including the ARB)?

Some web links please especially to pricing.

Finally, anyone know of one that incorporates the headlamp washers? Long shot I'm thinking but who knows.

Trev

Have a search around - there's some discussion in various places. Essentially there are three choices -

ARB from TBR or a distributor - srr their website as some of their distributors are members here ..

A copy from Freeways Latitude in France - looks good and about half the price - I'm probably going with that one ...

Make one yourself (or get someone to make one for you)

Oh yes - TBR also import the ASFIR bumper which is bloody expensive.

Haven't found a supplier of TJM bumpers ... Well not one that returns emails

I meant to say ARB Sahara and not [strike:3r5hzj6f]Safari[/strike:3r5hzj6f] (typo)

Yep, the TBR prices are OTT

The TJM .co.uk website isn't working so now to decode Freeways

Had a bit more of a trawl and have found the identical (I think) item on Alibaba right down to part number and photo.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/23304 ... guard.html

It looks like the bumper is manufactured in China and bought in and resold by Freeways, what I'm not sure about is whether this will be EU airbag compliant or not.

Probably time to email Freeways and see what they say.

I see I'm treading the same path but a few steps behind you. Wonder if they will discount more than one on an order? If Crispin likes the look of this bumper......maybe 3 in one go :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We can try - and Julian wants one for his 100 and Matt wants a roof rack so might be worth asking now :)

Well, in all seriousness I'm in the market to buy in the next few days. All we need now is a fluent French speaker and enough of us to place a firm order.

What do we think?

I guess, we might be looking at a bit of a group buy then

Could do - who's French is good enough to discuss and negotiate with them?? Not mine :)

Hmm I do like their bullbar for the 90:

t%20bumper%20Grand%20Raid%20SV%20-%20ACCESSORIES%20AND%20EQUIPMENT%204x4%20-%204x4%20Accessories.jpg

Question is....do I really need one!? :eusa-think: :confusion-scratchheadyellow: I know I WANT one! :pray:

ignat said:
Hmm I do like their bullbar for the 90:

Question is....do I really need one!? :eusa-think: :confusion-scratchheadyellow: I know I WANT one! :pray:

Now you have made me want one as well :p

Need??? When did that last count for something??

We will need to announce this I think in case anyone else wants something from them ...

24Seven said:
Now you have made me want one as well :p

Go on, you know it makes sense! :mrgreen:

Gary Stockton said:
Need??? When did that last count for something??

Not very often :lol: Pity this pesky 'budget' forces me to consider 'needs' over 'wants'.. :(

ignat said:
Careful with that thinking or you'll find yourself driving a small front wheel drive euro box because that's all you really need :lol:

I could be persuaded on a bumper. :D

If there is enough and delivery is high, would it be an option to get a van or trailer and drive there? I'd be happy to do the trip (with a co-driver)

It's a long way ... Probably take oooh, about 3 weeks or so, what with skiing and sightseeing etc
:)

I have a twin axle trailer that could be used for such a trip. :thumbup:

Sounds like a plan.... Right - french speak members? we we

Back