Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1993 Landcruiser KZJ70 3-litre for sale - very rare opportunity

129,000 miles; MOT July 2013, Tax May2013. Asking £2,950 OVNO

Toyota only sold 380 of these extremely capable vehicles here and it's believed that fewer than 200 are left. It has the KZT 3.0 litre turbo-diesel engine which delivers 125bhp, and 215 lb/ft of torque at 2,000 revs.

Mechanicals: it starts as the key turns whatever the temperature; engine just as it should be – no smoke. The truck will pull 4 tons, cruise at 85mph, and return 23 – 28mpg, usually 25 - 26 in mixed running; 4wd system including free-wheeling hubs, propshafts, transfer box, gearbox, clutch all excellent. When running temperature gauge and ammeter are rock steady. Serviced every 4 – 5,000 miles for the past 10 years. Uses almost no oil or coolant. Engine speed hand control. The great thing about these engines is the lack of electronics – mechanical fuel pump and injectors, viscous cooling fan. They don't go wrong when they get a bit wet.

Chassis and Running Gear: totally rust-free chassis; slight lift – believed 80 series springs, but I didn't do it so not sure – see photos. LSD in rear diff still works a bit, though not 100%; There was an MOT advisory last July on slight play in front hubs. Kumho AT tyres have done 30,000 miles and have maybe 3,000 miles left in them, though Dunlop spare is dubious! Towing hitch and twin caravan sockets.

Body: cosmetically challenged . . . well, scruffy . . . and will need work soon. Some rust in usual places for these trucks – around wheel arches principally, and small bad patch on n/s rear door. Internally roof lining a bit saggy. Electric windows and sunroof all work, as does rear seat heater. Paintwork scuffed and faded, wheel arch spats scratched but present. Rear window wiper and motor missing. Running boards and front mud flaps removed.

Extras: CD player with mp3 socket, spotlights, high level brake light.

To do: in the near future the truck will need new exhaust. If I was buying it I'd stick a new cambelt and tensioner in (last one at 80,000 miles). Shock absorbers are past their best.

General: I've had this vehicle since 2003 and it is honestly the best thing I have owned in 40 years of driving. Very truck like, pretty unstoppable. I have driven it to Spain towing a caravan.

Unfortunately due to health problems (wonky knees, one operation so far) I can't keep up with the maintenance any more – hence the scruffiness of the truck, although the mechanicals have always been looked after. Folder full of bills, receipts and old MOTs. I want this great vehicle to go to someone who will look after it, use it properly and – perhaps – restore it.

My asking price reflects the desirability of these rare vehicles, but also its scruffiness! I think it's a fair price. A smart one sold on ebay in March for £4,850. I'll throw in workshop manual on CD, assorted spares, roof bars, and a new intercooler and plumbing from a Mitsubishi diesel which I never got round to fitting.

Attachments

• toy1.jpg
    toy1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 465
  • toy2.jpg
    toy2.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 456
  • toy3.jpg
    toy3.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 453
  • toy4.jpg
    toy4.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 453
  • toy5.jpg
    toy5.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 453
  • toy6.jpg
    toy6.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 454
  • toy7.jpg
    toy7.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 454
  • toy8.jpg
    toy8.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 455
  • toy9.jpg
    toy9.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 449
in a couple of years time this would be ideal, but until then i just can't afford it :( (it's a good price but unfortunately i'm simply broke at the moment!)
hope you get a buyer soon, sounds sweet.

OK, no-one's got any money or I'm asking too much for this. :think: I need to shift it if I can so make me an offer. (If not it'll be ebay!)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think if it was mine I'd put it on ebay.

But I wouldnt list it as an auction, but as a classified add.

That way people will see it on ebay and if there serious they will get in contact and come and view it. There seems to be far too many idiots who bid and win cars on ebay and then never make contact or turn up. :x

Id say its worth at least £2500, if not £3000. :think:

Where have you advertised it? just here and difflock?

Good luck with the sale. :thumbup:

I'm a little surprised it hasnt gone yet. :think:

January is never a good time to sell anything.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers - received. But please read description carefully if you haven't. Will need work to shabby bits, mechanically sound.

OK folks - I'm about to do an oilchange on this beast, and then I'll start to do the necessary work on it. If you're interested make me an offer before I spend too much on it to let it go. I'll come down a bit, but not massively on price. This is a good, mechanically solid vehicle which needs cosmetic attention and a few basic parts in the next 6 months (tyres, exhaust, shocks) to keep it going for the next ten years. Don't be shy - have a go!

Hi John.

There is a guy on the other forum looking for a 70 series. Look under the 70 series section. I have added to the string with a suggestion he gets in touch with you.

Roger

Yep, although just had an enquiry this evening! The old girl is sitting here waiting for someone to look after her!

Hi, does the truck have aircon?
Would be very interested if it does.

Back