Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2016 snow photos anyone?

Keep your eyes on Exmoor Stu, not too far from you

A bit here too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    875.8 KB · Views: 168
Whereabouts is "here" Stan, you don't have a visible location...

Hmm, I'm now having lots of trouble seeing pics. None of the above and only a couple of Clive's which was better than before he reposted.

Thats no good Rich, are you on the new site address recently announced?

I'm still using the old one.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats no good Rich, are you on the new site address recently announced?

I'm still using the old one.

Err, no, well, not sure really as I use Tapatalk on my phone all the time. It works for me, well it used to, most pictures and videos were displaying, not all it has to be said but most. Most seem uncooperative now [emoji20]

Crispin…

Ah now that's a decent covering Clive.

Yeah that ones ok Clive. I don't know what's going on but it's not just you, there's been several vids and pics that I haven't been able to view.

Great fun. I love the muted sound, almost anechoic that the snow gives and that scrunch of fresh crisp snow. Love it. [emoji3]

Yeah that ones ok Clive. I don't know what's going on but it's not just you, there's been several vids and pics that I haven't been able to view.

Great fun. I love the muted sound, almost anechoic that the snow gives and that scrunch of fresh crisp snow. Love it. [emoji3]

Ha ha, I know what you mean, fresh 50cm of snow with the window open, getting crushed under BFG Muds, nothing like it! :lol: :dance:

What I wouldn't give to have 50 cm of snow…[emoji4]

daves pictures 035.jpg

clive you jammy so and so! sorry cant have a snow thread with no pics to show you. we normally get loads. so just one from last year then im done.:icon-wink:

What a cracking photo CG! The dogs are just loving it too!

Not quite 50cm in this photo, but good enough...

IMG_5607.JPG

IMG_5608.JPG

Spent last week in Istanbul, some flurries there but it was hovering between -1 and +2 which generally just made the place feel cold and damp :icon-cry:

All week, the weather reports were showing Bucharest between -11 and -18 and sure enough when I got home, none of it had melted ! :dance:

image.jpeg

As as it happened, I pulled my bloody back on Friday morning (yesterday), so I was a cripple on pain killers and muscle relaxants all day, and that made the journey back from Turkey a bit uncomfortable, hauling luggage and stuff. My missus had something planned for Saturday (today) so I'm taking it easy doing nothing and trying to give my back a rest.

As the truck has been standing all week in -18, I thought I'd give it a spin, out to the forest just out of town at Branesti. Years ago I used to work out that way and the forest is great in the summer for some x-country biking. Thought it might be pretty there with some snow....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice to see snow there, especially as this is what is left over from last weeks snow.

There were also about 200 guys fishing on the lake, literally. They take augers and chain-saws to make holes in the ice, then fish for monster carp with rod and line. The ice gets up to 30cm thick.

Sadly, the police were stopping anyone from pulling over as I passed, and I couldn't get a photo of it.

Last edited:
Lovin that arched tunnel of trees and snow i wonder why snow brings with it a feeling of peace and solitude . Have to laugh at your self imposed R&R though "sorry dear i'm not fit to visit the in-laws today" followed by "a gentle drive over a snow covered mountain might do me good" :lol:

Well, she's gone to an exhibition and tutorial on Chineese horoscopes, or something equally as inane, and she knows me better than to invite me to such nonsense :icon-rolleyes: JMHO, of course :lol:

Ana's enjoying a sleep over with her best friend, so I'm dosed up with nurofen and midocalm now, taking the occasional walk/hobble around the apartment to stop it seizing up altogether.

What a sorry state I'm in :?

Back