Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

91 FJ80 Window Controller/Motor

dplive

Country Flag
united_states
Hello there. I have a 1991 FJ80 Right driver,brought over from Japan. My master controller,for window operation, does not work.I tried replacing with master controller replacement for RHD,still no good.I have now moved onto the Motor.My question is can I use a regular Motor for this or do I need a RHD motor.Also Sunroof does not work,which has a seperate controller on ceiling,seems like they are related,just not sure how yet. Thank you for any info.
image0.jpeg

Have you tested if you are getting voltage at the connector for the motor when the switch is activated? Fuses?

Last edited:
Hello there. I have a 1991 FJ80 Right driver,brought over from Japan. My master controller,for window operation, does not work.I tried replacing with master controller replacement for RHD,still no good.I have now moved onto the Motor.My question is can I use a regular Motor for this or do I need a RHD motor.Also Sunroof does not work,which has a seperate controller on ceiling,seems like they are related,just not sure how yet. Thank you for any info.View attachment 332578
I had the same issues with my 80 a few years ago, i discovered that almost all Toyota cars of and around the age of my truck had the same motors.
I went around a few scrap yards and car breakers near me, and found the MR2, Celica, Supra etc etc all had the same motors.
Nice and cheap swap out - and i even have a spare :-D

I had the same issues with my 80 a few years ago, i discovered that almost all Toyota cars of and around the age of my truck had the same motors.
I went around a few scrap yards and car breakers near me, and found the MR2, Celica, Supra etc etc all had the same motors.
Nice and cheap swap out - and i even have a spare :-D
Just opened the thread to say the same thing!

Back