Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

97 KZJ95 3.0 TD Colorado - Fuel Cut Off Solenoid Valve not functioning

VirginiaColorado

Country Flag
united_states
Howdy folks!

I'm making some progress in getting my Colllie running. It's cranking now (previous thread about ignition problems has been solved, I'll post there when I know all the details), but fuel isn't making it to the engine.

Right now, mechanics tell me that fuel isn't getting beyond the solenoid valve. I'm looking for a replacement, or suggestion for what to do next? I've found what I believe is a similar part on ebay (Genuine Prado LJ95 LJ90 KZJ95 KZJ90 1KZ T 3L Fuel Cut Off Solenoid Valve | eBay - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]) but don't think it's an exact fit. Here's a pic of the part. Would appreciate your thoughts

image0.jpeg

hs the suction control valve or scv or spill valve on pump i think , pull that cap off with pliers and you can adjust it .

Its a denso part i think and the 1KZ-TE went into a few Toyotas

Last edited:
hs the suction control vale or scv or spill vlve on pump i think , pull that cap off with pliers and you can adjust it .

Its a denso part i think and the 1KZ-TE went into a few Toyotas
Thanks Shane. I'll ask them to do that. If not, I'll look for the part.

In response to what you said in another thread - Venezuela got the Toyota Meru which is the same vehicle so you might find parts in South America

In response to what you said in another thread - Venezuela got the Toyota Meru which is the same vehicle so you might find parts in South America
Good news! Mechanics were able to get the solenoid off, clean, and now it's working correctly. New problem though. Injectors getting fuel, but no spark. Mechanics have asked if I have an electrical reference, which I don't -- so that's ask #1. Is there are repair reference that I could get a hold of? #2 ask is they want pin out diagram for the spill valve. Help? Thanks

No spark ? its a diesel compression makes fuel go bang not spark plugs .

The spill valve is works or replace i think and so im guessing they want to know how much to adjust the only moving part .

I've turned mine anti clockwise to the stop and the truck still run but was very down on power , at that stage i turned it clockwise maybe a quarter turn to increase fuel which improved power . After that that i turned it up in tiny increments say 1/8th of a turn - test run - turn it up again -test run and so on until the final turn gave no perceivable benefit while driving and so i turned it back to give a clean burn .

Be warned another member here was over zealous at this method so turned it up too much and ended up with a runaway engine which he was only able to stop by blocking the air intake .

If you end up with a smokey exhaust then your wasting fuel and the spill valve needs turning down (anti clockwise) some .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back