Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Advice required please

BIG clean GREEN

Garage
Hi all and hope everyone is well !

Bit of advice please, my 2.2 D4D avensis has been a bugger to start on cold mornings so after lots of forum research l took the route to clean out the EGR valve, and boy was it ready, I also cleaned the MAF sensor which was quite grubby then I replaced the SCV with a new Denso OEM, I have since been advised that I need to have it re programmed as the new one will only be as good as the old one without it, the reason I changed it was because the car has done over 100k miles and thought it was perhaps sticking.

It's running and starting fine now, so whats your thoughts on re programming :thumbdown: or :thumbup: ?

Thanks in advance guys,

Nick

Good to hear from you Nick.......

Will it reset itself if you disconnect the battery for a while?

So why don't you go and ask all your NEW friends on your OTHER forums then, eh?

As Chadr - disconnect battery and put indicator on, then leave overnight disconnected - this should reset the ecu to manuf settings.

Oh and Chris, been round to yours twice and you were out both times ( or just hiding in the man pit upstairs )

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
To be honest Nick, I don't know - its the procedure for resetting the ecu on the LJ78, I just blindly followed what I was told......

Sorry bud. Texterize me first next time and I'll get Gert to put t'kettle on. Ah know tha likes a brew.

Ow's tha know I were out? Big Cruiser not stored at omm anymore.

Back