Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air Con

Hi Andy,

OK, there is a small solenoid usually mounted between the wing and the fuel filter (usually bolted to the ABS block if you have it). The solenoid activates a vacuum that triggers a diaphram that pulls a rod on the side of the injection pump - as the rod moves it pulls on the part of the throttle linkage increasing the revs.

If you look at the injection pump from over the wing, the diaphram and rod is part of the assembly that is bolted to the side of the pump with the diaphram being down and near the back - it is a brass coloured 'ball' with a rod going out of it to the left and a rubber hose going out to the right.

Now, looking at the electrical wiring diagrams the circuit for the compressor clutch and the circuit for the idle up are linked and go back to an 'AC Cut' relay which is linked in to water temperatures - this relay appears to be up behind the glove compartment. The other thing to double check is the A/C ECU which is up above the pedals and also the fuses ECU-IG, ECU-B and A/C in the fuse panel to the right of the steering wheel.

I have located the solenoid that operates thevacum pump / diaphram on the side of the injection pump, and I have no voltage going to it.
I havnt put 12v to this solenoid & plug here, not sure if its likely to cause any damage to any ecu's???

All the fuses are ok with 12v going through them

A/C ECU........... i have found an ecu above the pedals, one to the Right of them just above some other relays, which one is the AC Ecu, and how would I test it???

Thanks for your help so far, at least Im narrowing the search down (hopefully)!!

Andy

BTW spoke with freeways lattitude at Bad Kissengen & they gave me a nice discount on steering guard as you had bought some stuff from them after I gave you thier details!!!!

Hi Andy,

Ah, penny dropped as to which Andy you are :) Glad Sebastien gave you some discount, I'll probably end up as their UK dealer, but need them to sort some more issues on the rear bumper lights.

OK, I would go for checking the relay first. If you remove the glove box (two screws at bottom and pull in the sides) if you look in the space you should see a silver circular relay in the middle near the top - you may need to pull a wire out of the way to see it. I would check that first.

If you get really stuck you will just need to head out to Herefordshire, it will be a lot easier :)

hi Julian,

Yes, there are 2 relays there, the left one is the one that powers the compressor clutch I think, and I have replaced this one,
What does the other one do, is that the one you would suggest replacing?

re the rear bumper lights, I raised the question with him ( I modified mine to give brake lights as well) and he said they are now fitting LED ones

Andy

hi Julian,

Yes, there are 2 relays there, the left one is the one that powers the compressor clutch I think, and I have replaced this one,
What does the other one do, is that the one you would suggest replacing?

re the rear bumper lights, I raised the question with him ( I modified mine to give brake lights as well) and he said they are now fitting LED ones

Andy

Hi Andy

I take it you fixed the issue what was the cause as I have a similar problem.

Cheers
Mark

Back