Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

c.v axleshaft

weis22

Country Flag
israel
my c.vaxleshaft is broken twice in 1 3 weeks I have 285\70\17 with 2 inch lift end arb front end rear
what can be the problem?

Last edited:
Hi
just checking is it your cv joint or the actual axle shaft.
I have heard that when lifting the 200 the more lift you add there is alot more chance of smashing the actual CV Joint but not so much the shaft. By going up to 2 inchs you are putting alot more load on the outer parts of the CV knuckle due to the increased angles induced by the lift. If you had somehow managed to lift the front wheel and then it was spinning quickly when it recontacted the ground the shock load combined with the lift and C/V angles may have been enough to smash the cv knuckle.

Apologies if this is totally different to your problem.

If you able to view it this is LONG but maybe worth a read if you have the time.
http://www.lcool.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7754&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
It's the cvjoint end its lifted 2 inch but I am using ARB lockers front endrear .thank you for answering

Yep understand what you are saying about the lockers so both front whels should be turning at the same revolutions so hopefully shock loading shouldn't be a factor.
Were you turning the steering wheel from one side to the other trying to get traction? Is there a problem with your left front shock dropping lower than it should due to a fault in the shock? Just thinking outside the box.:think:

Back