Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cold weather camping

I love the idea of the igloo, though not sure how load bearing it is! I wonder if a weather balloon or similar inflated off the exhaust would help build the roof better... Can't help but think that more snow or body heat / cooking would have that crashing down otherwise?

I love the idea of the igloo, though not sure how load bearing it is! I wonder if a weather balloon or similar inflated off the exhaust would help build the roof better... Can't help but think that more snow or body heat / cooking would have that crashing down otherwise?

Well it works for Eskimos.

Great write up.

I grew up in Norway in the '70s, isnt a day goes by that I dont want to go back.

Made me feel a bit chilly though.....

Did you buy a small troll as a memento?

Pete

Great write up.

I grew up in Norway in the '70s, isnt a day goes by that I dont want to go back.

Made me feel a bit chilly though.....

Did you buy a small troll as a memento?

Pete

Hi Pete, yes what a place to live... food for thought! My only souvenir was a sticker - got to travel light ;) :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Me again, hello! Did this event for a second time. I know this has ZERO land cruisers in it though it may be of interest to those who were interested in the original trip.

sleep in the vehicle for me with the wife keeping me nice and warm at night :icon-biggrin:

First time I've seen that Chas. Nice. I like that but I do wonder if real Eskimos (Inuits?) watch this as though it was a comedy.

Back