Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Doorlocks, ignition and key replacement.

Steve Williams

Country Flag
great_britain
Had my first Land Cruiser, a 1996 SWB Prado for a couple of weeks now. Although its great to drive, I'm already finding it too small and think I will change to a 4.2 80 series in a bit. Got a fair bit of reading up on the best one to go for yet though. In the meantime, as I only have one key and the locks are a bit dicky, I would like to change all the locks on this Prado so I end up with three new door locks, new ignition and two or three keys. Not only for my benefit but to not give the next owner the headache. Any advice, links or pointers would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

That's quite a jump in LC's. Good luck with your search.
Don't go to Mr T for parts, it could cost you more than the collie is worth lol.

Agree, let it be someone elses problem and expense, its not like its a hidden fault.

Hi Steve, I have a 96 SWB Prado (since 2012), auto, with drivers door lock issue and also called Steve!! Is it fish at the home tonight nurse?
Let me know how you get on as I am looking at my options. I have seen a reply (Carrot Cruncher) to a post which suggest to contacting Toyota with the ignition barrel number for a replacement,? may give it a go.

Hi Steve, I have a 96 SWB Prado (since 2012), auto, with drivers door lock issue and also called Steve!! Is it fish at the home tonight nurse?
Let me know how you get on as I am looking at my options. I have seen a reply (Carrot Cruncher) to a post which suggest to contacting Toyota with the ignition barrel number for a replacement,? may give it a go.
All the best people are called Steve mate. I got a price off Toyota for three door cylinders and ignition barrel with two keys at £600 and odd and then discovered they don’t have any. Found same part number on Amayama for £200 and odd but they have just yesterday refunded me due to no stock. I did think I was doing well to have found a set so was quite disappointed.
Toyota gave me the part number from me supplying them with my reg number.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jap 4x4 parts ?
Euro 4x4 parts ?
Both suppliers of Land cruiser parts.

All the best people are called Steve mate. I got a price off Toyota for three door cylinders and ignition barrel with two keys at £600 and odd and then discovered they don’t have any. Found same part number on Amayama for £200 and odd but they have just yesterday refunded me due to no stock. I did think I was doing well to have found a set so was quite disappointed.
Toyota gave me the part number from me supplying them with my reg number.
Thanks Steve, I agree but my family not having any of it, they think I suit the name Old G-- better! I maybe think a removal, clean and reassemble may be the way to go for me! Thanks

Back