Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Flashing Diff Lock Light

Little Zee

Country Flag
south_africa
Howzit, I have a 2003 Prado VX Diesel. When ever i switch the Diff lock on, the light flashes red. What could be the reason of this.

Either the lock has not engaged OR the detent switch that says it's lock is not working.

Great thanks, is there any tricks i can perform to see wich one it is, switch or just not going in.

Well I'd try the search function first Zee. This has been covered more times than I care to think. It could be mechanical - jammed. electrical - just not firing or electrical 2, not registering. Listening for the locker engaging is the easiest first port of call. Then checking the indicator detent switch really. It's about ascertaining whether the locker is physically in or not.

You could also try looking at the locker on the rear diff casing with mk1 eyeball... they are alloy bodies and really suffer from salt, water and electrolytic reaction between body and the steel it's bolted to.
If it looks a corroded mess on the outside, it will be just as bad on the inside and this will save you checking other unnecessary avenues.
A well covered topic on these forums!

Back