Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fzj75 - 1FZFE ECU

Luvo1

Country Flag
australia
G'day all,
Newby to the forum, not so new to Landcruisers, but I still need help.

I'm researching options to replace the factory ECU (Manual Transmission) and I have a shortlist of ECUs, but I've struck some unknowns with some stock ECU functions;

1. What does the Stock ECU do with the stop lamp switch input?
2. What circumstances (why) does the Stock ECU crank up the fuel pressure via the FPU pin and the fuel press VSV?
3. Does the Stock ECU heat the O2 sensor before start and after shut-down? How long for?
I'm assuming the previous question may have something to do with the STA input (Start sw)?

Does anyone here have any leads on answers to any of the above?

So, my research is ongoing:-
Still no idea why the Stop Lamp switch input is there. I could understand if the vehicle was an auto or had cruise control, but it doesn't. Being a manual, many other inputs you might see for an auto are not included in the harnesses, so why leave the stop lamp switch in?
The FPU o/p puzzles me. No closer to understanding when the fuel pressure would have to be altered between two levels.
And I have been informed there is no pre or post heating for the O2 sensor. It's heated as soon as the ECU is powered. Which will have to change if (when) I install a WB sensor.

So, still waiting for an informed answer to the stop lamp switch & FPU?

Last edited:
Back