Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

GOODBYE RANGE ROVERS!

Lateralsteve

Country Flag
uk
Hi everyone, my thirst for the quirks (and problems) of running range rovers of all sorts is quenched. Just bought a JDM HDJ100. Pardon my ignorance but does that confirm it's a 4.7 petrol? Anyway the sound system is jap Fm so I would like to swap it for something modern - bluetooth etc. Anyone got any ideas as it's fixed in the centre console? All ideas welcome.

HDJ is a 4.2 turbo diesel

You will find several threads on double din swaps if you use the search function which is the best advice i can offer given i dont have a 100 series .

In the short term i might chance my luck by visiting a University and asking for a Japanese student who might be willing to fiddle with the settings and convert them to English .

How does one buy a car and not know its fuel type?

As for the stereo upgrade, depending on the dash style the integration of ac controls may complicate the process.

The search function will be your friend.

I think I kind of knew it was a petrol when I saw the car ad, I'm pretty astute at perceiving these things, the noise of the engine helped too. It was the nomenclature which I didn't understand because on the back of the owners manual someone had written tyre pressures and the type: HDJ. Apologies if I didn't have your profound understanding of type id, it must be hard keeping your superior knowledge in check. It's a real help for newbies having oracles like you available to disseminate their wisdom. I think oracle is the name I'm struggling for.
Thanks Shayne, Stereo issue sorted.

Your first post states you purchased a HDJ100 and you ask if this is petrol, @Shayne then provides you clarity that this is the diesel variant. But you still stand resolute, being quite astute, that you knew it was a petrol from the advert and engine noise. Yet this is contradictory to the information that you and forum oracles have provided you.
Do you even inspect the vehicle before purchase? and this question isn't rhetorical :relaxed:

Perhaps one would share an image of the engine and we can support. If not enjoy the gas station lottery.

Struggled myself to decipher the contradiction but I think it might be explained by the fact that to the well versed HDJ is like saying its red , yellow or green = we know its a diesel .

The op didn't . He bought a petrol 80 and had no idea FZ80 would be more fitting .

Outside of enthusiasts nobody uses the engine prefix , its usually something like for sale 4.2 TD Landcruiser .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back