Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from County Durham

Roots

Im john
Had surfs for 7yrs,been really happy with them had a few niggles but don't we all as we get older,
Any way with the arival of our 3rd child in August it's time to bid farewell to our trusty surf and onto 90 series
Off for a mooch about on here,

Hi Roots,

Welcome

Pretty damn good are the Surfs.
What quite are you looking for in a 90/95 series Colorado?
90 series = 3 door
95 series = 5 door

Gra.

Looking for a 90 colarado 5dr or prado, need the extra seats and space or wouldn't be selling the surf,I'm sure the 90 will do me just fine, am I right in the thinking they have the same 3 ltr diesel engine as my surf ?

welcome
i had a 4runner before my lwb colorado. yes engine is the same as a surf, my 4runner (UK version of surf import) had mechanical injection rather than electronic though.
air, oil and fuel filters identical. and many other parts like radiator are as well.
the 4runner was good, but i prefer the colorado with its fulltime 4wd. and colorado has less overhang at back than surf, so helps when offroading.

Last edited:
Do they suffer the same problems with over heating, mine has a ATF cooler,done the oil in the fan and dissconected the rear heaters,my first surf blew its head due too corroded rear heater pipes,bought the one I have now with a new cylinder head fitted,egr blanked off, but still wary of head issues

Unfortunately yes.

But as you know about the issue, your one step ahead.

Or go for the D4-d engined Colorado?

More power, better economy.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats my thinking. better the devil you know, got until August to find one,Hopefully the right one turns up

Welcome. Good luck with your search. Must visit Durham as all my wife's family are from Crook..... Well worth a visit:shock:

one of my brothers lives in Billy Row, just up hill from Crook. took him Green laning in my LC a couple years ago, some nice lanes in the area

I not a bad part of the world, been laning a few times around Durham/ northumberland area, think I remember you posting on the surf forum about laning Andy

Back