Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello

jjsaul

Country Flag
uk
Hi, just found your forums! I'm new to Land Cruisers (having been owning Land Rovers for 10 years) but am looking to start doing some overland travel and having been considering options and talking to quite a few people I'm now looking for an 80 series LC. General thinking is a 4.2td auto but am open to advice and suggestions from people. Based in Leeds, West Yorks, and keen to get involved with events and things happening!

Welcome. Good introduction. We're here to help.

An 80 is a great vehicle and it matters little really whether it's auto or manual. The later UK 24v engined models only came in manual but you can get imports in auto. They're all 80's. All good. But the trick is finding a good one. Any good one will do. As has been said before, if you limit yourself to it being something exact you could be looking a long time. (Like me, I want a blue, 97, manual, low mileage, one owner, dealer maintained with only delivery mileage on the clock) Certainly don't be put off by an auto. I have a manual and an auto and they both lovely to drive.

There are some mechanical bits that will need attention on just about anything that you buy but if you've had Landies for 10 years you'll know all about that. There are a couple of bodywork warning spots too but nothing terminal.

Oh, we kinda have rules on here which are unwritten but we'd like to think that we honour. If you post a link and say I have seen this, what do you think? We don't rush off and steal from under your feet! if it's an pen add don't be surprised though if someone else is already looking. They go fast, so be prepared to move.

Welcome. Your name sounds familiar, in your LR past did you have an early 110 CSW? Good luck with your hunt for an 80, find a good one and it'll be a top notch overlander. There are two for sale on here at the moment.

Welcome. Your name sounds familiar, in your LR past did you have an early 110 CSW? Good luck with your hunt for an 80, find a good one and it'll be a top notch overlander. There are two for sale on here at the moment.

It probably is familiar then...we still have the OneTen...had it just over 10 years now!

I'll have a nosy in the classifieds. I've got a pair of 2dr range rovers to sell to help fund the LC if you know anyone who might want one...

welcome
and this is THE wrong place to sell a 2 door Range rover. do they come with a free dust pan and brush to sweep them up with?

stu

It probably is familiar then...we still have the OneTen...had it just over 10 years now!

I'll have a nosy in the classifieds. I've got a pair of 2dr range rovers to sell to help fund the LC if you know anyone who might want one...
Small world! I bought some wheels and tyres from you years ago.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Eyup Yorkshire lad, Leeds Eh??
Welcome along to the madhouse. no seriously the forum is a font of knowledge especially 80's. I've had probably 20 and would like to think I know a bit about them and Chris above is vastly experienced in all aspects of rebuilding things Landcruiser, mods etc.
One thing you tend to find with the forum is that 80's especially tend to pass between forum members as they have a certain "provenance"
You would do well to get involved with the social side of the forum such as the Lincomb weekends.

Good luck with your search

Andy

You could al;ways try the "Laughton Landcruiser Centre" see what he's got in.

Andy

When is the Laughton llandcruiser stickers coming out Andy?

I am happy with mine Owner even makes coffee when you there.

Back