Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interior fuse location?

pugwash

Country Flag
uk
In the attempt to change the interior reading lights i somehow managed to blow a fuse

where the buggery bollocks is the fuse box for interior lights on a RHD 100?

I've had both kick panels (well i think they are the kick panels- the vertical plastic next to where your feet would rest) and can't see any fuses!

The truck is very dark currently and i'm feeling ridiculous that i can't change an intereior bulb without blowing a fuse!

The answer depends on your (or rather the car's) year and month of manufacture, so why don't you start by putting that in your signature line, please.

Up to 7 / 2002 build, the 10A Dome fuse is behind the left kick panel. It's a bit high up, and behind another cover, so you need good lighting and a bendable neck. From 8 / 2002 it is behind the rhs kick panel. Markings/illustration/names/sizes on the inside of the fuse box cover.
There are a couple of bigger fuses before the Dome fuse, but you would then have noticed lack of trickery in more places.

Not sure about Month of manufacture, but its an 01 JDM import.

Noticed this morning that the remote locking is also now not working- although the central locking is working- i seem to have blownb more than just my interior lights fuse grrr

The alarm and lock system depends on that the dome light and door switches work.
On your version, it looks like the 10A Dome fuse is fed directly from the 100A J/B 2 fuse, which is on the fusible link block under the battery terminal.

Thanks Uhu- do you have an electronic wiring guide for a JDM truck? would you share? i haven't been able to find one anywhere......

Thanks Uhu for the guidance- for anyone else looking for a 2001 Japanese JDM 100 land cruiser- the interior is on the passenger side footwell on the left behind the plastic kick panel- you do need to get your head right under to see it- but it has a LOT of important fuses and they are a bugger to get out. Helpfully they are the same mini size as under the main fuxe box in the engine bay so you should find yourself with both some spares and the all important changing tool!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back