Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Letter from The Mayor of London. ULEZ.

The letter was sent out to owners of all vehicles still on the road, that at some point were registered to a London address, and are required to pay the charge because that address is now inside ulez's expanded area.
That kind of makes sense, but the previous vehicle owner was in Doncaster. However, when sold new, it could have come from the London area?

Recently I drove to Paris twice. Once to Eiffel Tower and once to Disney. Didn’t pay any charges as it was weekends or maybe they didn’t knew how to send fine notice to foreign cars
If you don't have a Crit Air sticker (for Euro5 or 6) and you went to the Eiffel Tower you got away with it. Disney is well outside the zone, and you'd have gone a funny route to get in it. I don't think French cameras can reliably see if you have a sticker. Think you're more likely to get caught if parked.

Good morning to all you large engined Toyota fans. I have just received a letter from The Mayor of London, addressed to me in name and as the owner or a 1997, diesel, 4200cc Landcuiser. He has politely informed me that my beloved vehicle fails to meet the high standard required to drive into London. Reading between the lines, I think that he is hinting that I wont be able to drive anywhere else on this Sceptered Isle. (Only Radio 4 Churchillian Types will understand that statement and that excludes Mayor Khan).
The interesting point about this letter, it is addressed to me, a Northern, white working class, straight talking, probably a most obnoxious type of person, A Yorkshire Man, who has absolutely no intention of going to London, either in my Toyota, foot , train, bus, horse, bicycle etc. And a confused one at that. Am I on my own, singled out, upon receiving this polite letter from Mayor Khan or have others in 'Toyota Landcruiser Land' received 'The Letter'?......... Just interested.
I don't know what's on my mat at home, like you I've no intentions of going to hell-hole London and I'm enjoying driving my LandCruiser around a wet and windy Cornwall, so Kahn can go and........well...you know.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You forgot the aliens, no not the ones landing in kent, possibly the next operation fear once the climate scam has emptied us plebs bank accounts that haven't already been cancelled, maybe the aliens will be responsible (blamed in the media) for another new super virus? no doubt the pharmas will ride to the rescue (kerching) in super quick time with a safe and effective medical experiment.

Well, its now Monday morning and beginning to appear that I am the only Toyota Landcruiser owner in the whole wide world that has received 'The Letter' from Mayor Khan. The only sensible explanation one has received so far is that my vehicle must have been sold new in London, which kind of makes sense, but on a different registration number. So could this be based on the chassis number?
I can only deduce that my Land Cruiser must be the 'Original Oriental Chelsea Tractor' by warranting such an important letter from the Mayor of London. The vehicle has now gone up in value.
We tend to view Chelsea Tractors as Range Rovers driven by bimbos or TV executives taking their children to school. So for their exclusive way of life, the rest of us plebs have to foot the price of the politicians' Green Agenda.
I'm please to report that my Land Cruiser has found a happy life with me doing what it was designed to do, and far better and totally reliably, unlike the last thing that I possessed made in the Midlands. It pulls large trailers and caravans both on and off road without problem nor complaint.
Simple answer to Khans agenda. You can only drive in and around London, and cities in general, in vehicles designed for such a purpose. London Taxis have been the ideal vehicle for years, as are double decker buses. There are many of suitable 'Town Cars' that could be used in and around London, as I'm sure many good folk do. But no, Political Interference, Nanny State, They know best. .... Blah Blah.

@Odin 8 lots of people got the letter :)

Its the digging around from the letter that got me to 'been sent to everyone driving a car that has at some point been registered to an address that is now inside ulez'

They got the data from DVLA.

@Odin 8 lots of people got the letter :)

Its the digging around from the letter that got me to 'been sent to everyone driving a car that has at some point been registered to an address that is now inside ulez'

They got the data from DVLA.

Yes, data from DVLA and I think they must have widened the net to include areas adjacent to the ULEZ zone too - i.e. ULEZ + 5 miles or similar.

We got notifications for all 4 cars in the household, 2 of which are non-compliant and certainly 2 of the 4 have never been registered to an address inside London ULEZ. However I do live less than 2 miles outside the ULEZ boundary.

So other people, owners of Land Cruisers, not living within the London catchment, have received the letter. This is all I am asking?

Yes, we moved out of London , and still have the cruisers.

Yes, we moved out of London , and still have the cruisers.
Thank you.

I have one of the early V5s for the vehicle. It was R90 EER. This sounds like a private plate, but for a 1998 first registered, could this be a London registration plate. Anyone in the know? Only interested , thats all.

My 81 has the AN prefix which when looked on wikipedia it says London and Peterborough.. If correct.

Mine was first reg in Jan'98 in NI on BLZ XXXX (can't remember the digits without looking) and re-reg in Barnsley in April '98. You can now keep NI regs over here and vice verca but back then you couldn't.

Mine was registered in Wigan in 2004 and has been in the N West all it’s life so the London Stasi haven’t tracked me down yet!

IMG_20230802_120124_995.jpg
On my summer holiday on Ilkley Moor. Obviously non of you listened to the threats of Acid Rain, not did you pay the £12.50 ULEZ tax. So now look whats happened. It's all your fault.

Back