Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mud tyres for KZJ70

jacob757

Country Flag
england
Looking for some new tyres for my KZJ70. Doing about half road miles and half wet grass/mud/rock (Greenlaning)
The current size is 265/75/R15, which I found is more common in imperial at 31/10.5/15.

I have been looking at Toyo Open Country MTs as they seem to be well reviewed, but wandered if because it's a lighter vehicle being a swb and I don't carry any camping gear etc that I might be better off with something less heavy duty.

Toyo Open Country MT

Thanks for your help.

The Toyo is a good tyre and good value. I ran my KZJ70 on a taller narrower tyre for all round use for much better performance off-road than the stock size, if you do a lot of off-road it may be worth a look if there is more choice in a different size.

The Toyo is a good tyre and good value. I ran my KZJ70 on a taller narrower tyre for all round use for much better performance off-road than the stock size, if you do a lot of off-road it may be worth a look if there is more choice in a different size.
Thanks very much for the info! What size did you run? Mine isn't lifted so wasn't sure what I could get in there. Also I've got 8" wide rims so wasn't sure what width they'd be able to go down to.

I ran 255/ 85 but on 16” rims. Yes on an 8” rim you are limited current rims are 8” and I run 255’s again and that’s about as narrow as I can go.

Back