Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My Avensis LANDCRUISER is poorly, please help.

BIG clean GREEN

Garage
How's everyone doing ?

Yea Yea I know it's really a LC however I'm sure you wouldn't mind helping a friend in need ?
My 2005 D4D estate has been running great, but today after the engine was warmed up l pulled out across a junction and heard a "pop" noise followed by lack of power and a whistling noise, which l assume is the turbo thats knackered, any ideas greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Nick

Yep, sound like a hose may have spilt or popped off - similar happened on my Mondeo TDCI a few years back. Took a while to locate the problem, mine was a split on the intercooler hose but replaced that and all was back to normal.

Good luck - hope it's something simple (and cheap!) :thumbup:

Thanks for that, I'll get my overalls on and get dirty, I hope it's cheap too ! I had my LC for years with zero problems, now l'm back to cars it's a different story, LC anyday !

Once again, cruiser guys to the rescue, it was indeed the hose to the intercooler which had come off, the jubilee clip had perished and separated, after stripping the skin off my fore arm to get to it, it's all good again :) thanks again.

Nick.

Last edited:
Yay, well done Buddy.

Need to get you back into a proper vehicle.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Off to Portugal again this year, all running nicely touch wood!

Finally worked out how to turn off Traffic Announcements (they are always in Welsh!)

Other than that, all as before - have ordered a lightbar for the roof and a rubber mat for the boot.

Cheers

Pete

Cheers, Chris, I almost called in on my crawl back from Cuckney en route to Clumber park but didn't want to risk getting stranded, especially if my recovery vehicle ( you ) were out, lol, I'm just pleases l had a 24" screwdriver otherwise l'd have been stripping the engine bay to get to it.

C U soon matey !

OUT? WTF would I be? With two Cruisers, I live on the drive. Ha ha.

Back